Sunday, July 12, 2009

Fri. July 10 through Sun. July 12 2009: Too much eating out


Here is a photo I took today of Josh getting ready to go biking. Maddeningly Cute!

Friday, my wonderful husband Josh picked me up from work. After heading to Walgreens where I bought new socks to more adequately cover my swollen ankles, and stopping at Panera Bread to purchase tickets to Bruno from Fandango, we headed to Moretti's bar and grill in Edison Park. There was a gathering of current and former employees of a place Josh used to work. Their salads weren't as good as I remember, but we had some good laughs with the people there; most notably Cynthia and Scott, who were sitting near us (and also attended our wedding).

From there we headed to Skokie for a near-opening night showing of Bruno with Sacha Baron Cohen. Having both loved Borat, we were expecting to love Bruno. However, we felt it was 90% lame attempts at shock value with not very many laughs. We eventually felt so uncomfortable by the movie that we actually left about halfway through. Watching real people suffer is not a hobby of ours.

Saturday morning we headed out to Glenn's Diner on Montrose. The reason for this specific restaurant is because I am planning on giving up all sweets very soon due to my diabetes, and wanted one last hurrah with sweetened breakfast cereal. Glenn's has a whole wall of popular breakfast cereals. I started off with a bowl of Peanut Butter Cap'n Crunch, while Josh polished off a large bowl of Lucky Charms while I was in the bathroom. We also shared a bowl of Cap'n Crunch: Crunch Berries. Additionally we each had a WONDERFUL plate called the "Canadian Scramble", which is mostly meat, but without beef. I will definitely be back there for that dish alone.

Josh headed to work in his car while I took the brown line to Jeweler's Row. I intended to have my engagement ring and wedding band sautered together at the place where they were purchased, but they were closed. I paid $75 to Golden Crown Jewelers to have them do it, and also to re-dip the bands in yellow gold. I waited at Starbucks (drinking my black decaf iced Americano, since I no longer drink sweetened or caloric beverages) for them to finish. While I was initially wowed by the results, I noticed later it looks a little off center. I may need to try to get RF Moeller to fix it this Christmas.

After I got home, Josh arrived soon after and we headed to the post office followed by lunch at Wendy's. (I don't recommend their chicken nuggets). Later he napped while I tried to wrestle with Verizon to get my short code texting to work so I can use Twitter normally again (note: I still can't).

Later on, we had dinner together at the place where we had our first date, Kopi Cafe on north Clark in Andersonville. We thoroughly enjoyed our too much food, getting smothered nachos. I also bought some items in the store, including a replacement red coin purse with pink kitty. I inquired about selling my CDs there, but it doesn't sound like it would work.

Sunday I headed to choir rehearsal at PRCC while Josh presumably played video games. I got him Surprise Oil Change and bought groceries at Whole Paych..., er Whole Foods. It was a day fraught with plumbing-related problems that I don't feel like getting into, since I'm trying to focus on the good things. I spent a few hours cleaning my kitchen, and my husband took the recyclables to the recycling center, for which he will be rewarded. Finally, we had a nice dinner of Whole Foods food while watching Life After People.

All in all, not a very exciting weekend, which made it easy to write about. :)

1 comment:

  1. Plumbing issues can be neatly summarized by stating that I should not be allowed near toilets or washing machines. Imaginations run wild please...

    ReplyDelete