Monday, September 14, 2009

Sept 11 - Sept 13 2009: Moving Daze

(Image from http://www.ripten.com/ -- "All your geek are belong to us"!)

I seem to have a little bit of time here to write, so I thought I'd go ahead and recap a weekend.

The weekends that are easiest to write about are the least exciting to read about. Last weekend was no exception. Friday Josh and I had dinner at BW3 (aka Buffalo Wild Wings) in Niles, IL. I was proud of myself for keeping down the calorie/points intake while we were there, since I just joined Weight Watchers on Wednesday. Then we went home and went to bed early.

Saturday, Josh got up at 7am and was in a car headed toward Kenosha, WI by 8am to help one of my best friends, Luke Ski, move. Luke is moving into the new house he will share with his future wife Sara in Des Plaines, IL. I was able to sleep in, however; my excuse being that it was my only chance to do so since I would need to be up early on Sunday for church stuff.

I met up with the movers in Des Plaines, where over half of the truck had already been unloaded by the time my tardy self showed up. I did my best to be helpful in the remaining unloading, but I missed the bulk of the work.

Finally we ended up at my best friend Ken's house in Wood Dale, where a bunch of us spent hours playing the new Beatles version of "Rock Band". We also played the songs "Opening Band" by Paul and Storm, "Re: your Brains" by Jonathan Coulton, and "Origin of the Species" by MC Frontalot on the regular version of the game. Pizza and garlic bread (or in my case, salad and plain bread) was consumed somewhere in there. It was a good time, but unfortunately I failed to tote my camera.

Sunday, I had already been at church for a few hours by the time Josh showed up (noon-ish) at Tanya's to start helping her move. She is schleping her stuff from a 2nd story apartment to the 1st story apartment just below. After many hours of singing, I arrived at Tanya's at 2:30 to do my best to help. We followed that up with a tantalizing visit to CVS, an exciting Jewel/Osco run, and a low cal dinner of (surprisingly tasty) dry chicken and chips. As we are oft wont to do when we actually eat dinner at home, we watched "Flight of the Conchords" while eating. Then while getting ready for bed, I listened to Luke rant on the phone for over a half hour; the main point I took away from it was that starting our new podcast is his top priority on October's ye olde "To Do List".

Hopefully next time I bother to write, it will be something worth writing about. :)

2 comments:

  1. How could you forget about my 'angelic' singing voice during the Beatles Rock Band party? (Hey, technically Lucifer is an angel...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoever did that picture has the wrong icons over John and Paul.

    ReplyDelete